When you are ready to buy or sell your home, Barnett & Hill stands ready to help you with that deal.
If you are interested in selling your home in the historic Alta Vista neighborhood, contact Josh Rader. If moving to a new home in Abilene, John would appreciate your employment of his skills in that deal, too. The Alta Vista neighborhood has a sentimental appeal to Josh; he grew up in the Alta Vista neighborhood and attended Alta Vista Elementary. His other business, Str3ngth Fitness, is located near your home on S. 7th in Rose Park Shopping Center.
To discuss your next real estate deal, call Josh at 512-818-1191 or contact him by email.
Using Taylor County Central Appraisal District data, we evaluated 32,106 residential properties in Abilene and discovered that:
- 20,184 or 62.9% were homesteaded.
- 6,659 or 20.7% were owned by homeowners over the age of 65.
- the average Abilene home measured 1,695 sqft
Comparing the 90 homes that make up the historic Alta Vista neighborhood to our Abilene statistics: :
- 60 homes or 66.7% are homesteaded which is 3.8% above the average for home ownership in Abilene
- 55 homes or 20.0% are owned by individuals over the age of 65 which is slightly below the average for Abilene
- the average Alta Vista home measured 1,900 square feet which is 205 sqft above the average for Abilene
A comparative market analysis was devised for homes in the Alta Vista subdivision that had sold between 7/13/2016 to 7/13/2017. These homes are shown in the map below.
- Homes ranged from 1918 to 1955 for the year when built. The average year built was 1930.
- The largest home sold in the last year measured 2,928 sqft. The greatest price was $370,000. The greatest price/sqft was $128.07.
- The smallest home sold in the last year measured 1,120 sqft. The lowest price was $84,900. The lowest price/sqft was $60.45.
- The average sale price was $210,779. The average size of homes sold in the last 365 days was 2,181 sqft. The average price per sqft was $86.48.