residential management services
Barnett & Hill provides residential management services for single-family homes,. Given their scale we also consider duplexes and four-plexs as part of our residential management services. When managing residential property:
We charge a 10% of rent as a management fee for our services and this fee covers the entire cycle of each tenant including:
- property showings,
- credit screening and background checks,
- leasing using a TREC lease,
- scheduling maintenance,
- renewing leases .
Once we assume management and lease your property, we archive your tenant information on Appfolio that provides you with::
- historical financial information on your managed property
- a paper trail regarding repairs that allows you to involve yourself in decisions on expenses.
- allows us to report prompt payment of rent to credit scoring agencies to help tenants develop their FICO score
- cohesive marketing for your rental to major leasing websites like Zillow, Realtor.com and others.
- an electronic file cabinet for the lease agreement along with other documents pertinent to the tenant's leasehold
- a 1099 for owner's income at the close of each year .
We handle management in a variety of situations.
- Many of our homes were bought as investments and, in addition to management, we help these owners identify new, properties for their portfolio.
- In other cases, a job move causes someone to leave town for a few years and a management solution is needed to cover mortgage costs until they return.
- The same is true for homes that sell slowly; Barnett & Hill identifies tenants to fill the gap until the market is right for your home's sale,
We work with your preferences when repairs are necessary.. We employ a skilled maintenance staff that can provide basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work along with painting and make-ready services. If you already have a relationship with an individual or company that knows your property and handles aspects of its maintenance, we are happy to coordinate with them when the need arises. When our office closes, are maintenance staff takes over the phone to field requests for repairs after hours.
Barnett & Hill is data driven. This helps us market and strike deals for the leasing of your rental.
- Each month, our agency publishes a report in the Abilene Reporter-News and on this site that provides detailed information about rental trends observed in the last month's cohort of executed single-family leases.
- Intermittently our agency performs bespoke real estate analysis on local real estate issues.
Together these services provide you with a comprehensive management experience at Barnett & Hill. To learn more about our management services, call our office at 325-677-3500 between 10-6 weekdays, and 10-2 Saturday and one of our agents will be happy to assist.