When you are ready to buy or sell your home, Barnett & Hill stands ready to help you with that deal.
If you are interested in selling your home in River Oaks, contact Mitch Barnett. If selling and moving to a new home in Abilene, Mitch would appreciate your employment of his skills in that deal, too. Mitch earned his real estate license in 2007 and understands this neighborhood - a native Abilenian, Mitch lived on Elmwood until 5th grade and attended Austin Elementary.
To discuss your next real estate deal, call Mitch at 325-669-8963 or contact him by email.
Using Taylor County Central Appraisal District data, we evaluated 32,106 residential properties in Abilene and discovered that:
- 20,184 or 62.9% were homesteaded.
- 6,659 or 20.7% were owned by homeowners over the age of 65.
- the average Abilene home measured 1,695 sqft
Comparing the 263 homes that make up the River Oaks neighborhood to our Abilene statistics: :
- 222 homes or 84.4% are homesteaded which is 21.5% above the average for home ownership in Abilene
- 83 homes or 31.6% are owned by individuals over the age of 65 which is 10.9% above the average for Abilene
- the average River Oaks home measured 2,818 square feet which is 1,123 sqft above the average.for Abilene
A comparative market analysis was devised for homes in the River Oaks subdivision that had sold between 7/13/2016 to 7/13/2017. These homes are shown in the map below.
- Homes ranged from 1954 to 1964 for the year when built. The average year built was 1958.
- The largest home sold in the last year measured 3,838 sqft. The greatest price was $415,000. The greatest price/sqft was $119.44.
- The smallest home sold in the last year measured 1,804 sqft. The lowest price was $164,000. The lowest price/sqft was $62.51.
- The average sale price was $248,544. The average size of homes sold in the last 365 days was 2,676 sqft. The average price per sqft was $92.57.